Close this search box.

Comfort & expertise

Domestic violence

We understand that swift decisive action needs to be taken if domestic violence occurs and a member of our team will be available at short notice to discuss your difficulties and, if necessary, to assist you to apply to the court for an order for your protection on an urgent basis.

If you are married or living together as a couple, you may be able to apply to the court for an injunction. Such an order can stop your partner from harassing or assaulting you or the children. This is known as a ‘non-molestation order’. You can also apply for an Order to exclude your partner/spouse from the property for the sake of your safety and protection, which will make your partner leave the house. This is known as an ‘occupation order’.

We will be able to guide you as to which orders you should be applying for. If we are able to obtain an order for you, then we can ask the court in certain circumstances to attach a power of arrest. This will enable a police officer to arrest your partner, if there’s any breach of the order.

In addition to considering taking court action, we have strong links with the local Police Domestic Violence Team, the local Housing Office and the Women’s Refuge, and hope we can help you to take the first practical steps towards re-building your life.

It is important to remember that domestic abuse does not just relate to physical violence – verbal, emotional, financial, mental and sexual abuse also constitute a form of domestic abuse and should not be tolerated. If you are concerned for your safety and well-being but are unclear as to what your options are, please reach out for a free initial consultation and we will offer as much advice and guidance as possible to ensure your safety.

If you are in fear of immediate danger or harm due to domestic abuse, it is imperative that you call the police for assistance immediately. You can always contact us to see legal advice thereafter but your safety is of primary importance.

For more information please call 01952 525915 or via email